Wednesday, July 4, 2012

REVIEW: Salon Express

I'm sure everyone has seen the commercials for Salon Express. The first time I saw the commercial, I knew it was a Konad knock-off and said it probably wouldn't work. I saw it in Walmart several times. Finally, I broke down and decided to try it. It was only $10. The package looks like this:

(Front)

 (Back)


These are the instructions.


And the contents. 
A scrape plate. Scraper. Stamper.  




 Here are the plates. 
These are reason I broke down and bought Salon Express. 
They are different from Konad plates. Plus, Konad plates are like $8 a piece. 
For $10, I got five with this set!

I was really excited to try the new designs on the plates.
But.... I wasted my money on Salon Express.
 Don't waste yours too, if you haven't already.

Salon Express is crap. 
It doesn't work. Period. Not even a little bit. The plates are super shiny, almost blinding. I like the stamper. I would like it better if it worked. Almost every time, the polish stayed on the stamper. The very few times it did transfer to the nail, it was so faint you couldn't even see it.I even tried dark polish and it still looked very faint. I glanced back at the directions, just to make sure I was doing it right or didn't miss anything. I noticed it said to use nail PAINT. Nail paint? Hmm. Obviously that doesn't mean regular nail polish.  

I was excited about this, and then let down. I might even just throw it away.
I think I'll just stick to Konad. No more knock-offs. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm surprised to hear that. I don't have konad and I had a coupon for the SE and got it for $4 so I figured I'd try it out. Not having tried Konad before I can't compare, but the SE seemed to work fine after I practiced some. I don't have any stamping polishes either, so I was just experimenting with the ones I do have. http://polishfollies.blogspot.com/2012/07/hi-there.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome. I'm so glad it worked for you. you should try konad. i love it and it's so easy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails