Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Junior Year

  After finishing up my third year of college, 
I came up with this design for all the classes I took.
I can't believe next year will be my last year. 
It doesn't feel like I should be graduating yet. 
It's almost unreal.


........................................................

 Index finger: Cell Biology
I heard terrible stories about this class.  I was terrified to take this class. But I needed to take it. I was surprised.  I LOVED THIS CLASS. It was a really hard class but has been my favorite college class. I was challenged academically. The first few months I was actually making a C. I have never, ever made a C before. It was stressing me out! I was reading a whole chapter for every class, each one being at least fifty pages long. We had an online quiz for every class. Those tricky things killed my grade in the beginning.But I worked hard to pull it back up and made an A in the class! I will never forget the day we watched this video. Click here for a link. You should watch it too. It's called 'The Inner Life of a Cell.' Call me a nerd, but I sat in total awe seeing this for the first time. It's such a great clip, especially to think it's happening in you right now! I can tell I'm in the right major, because I think that video is awesome. For this design, I painted a piece of DNA.


 

Middle finger: Physics
Let me start off by saying...I hate physics. With a passion. Mainly because I don't understand it. I had trouble with this class too (not like Cell Bio though) Lab was painful to sit through, but we did get out early almost every day. For the first semester, I made a B. So sad. But for the second semester, I squeaked out an A. For this design, I painted a prism. White light goes in and a rainbow comes out as each color is diffracted. 




 
Ring finger: Organic Chemistry
I was also dreading organic. I didn't retain much from gen chem and I was afraid that would really hurt me in ochem. But everything was okay. Organic is related to gen chem, but was mostly its own thing. I actually enjoyed organic. I had an awesome teacher, which helped alot too. My new favorite element? Carbon, of course! For this design, I painted a benzene ring.





  Pinkie finger: Yoga
 I needed another activity class, and I chose yoga. Best decision ever. I love yoga!!I was so sad when it ended, especially since it only last half the semester.I loved seeing my own progress. I gained more flexibility and better balance. Taking yoga also helped keep stress at bay. My favorite things were sun salutations, child's pose, the warrior poses, and legs on the wall. For this design, I pained a figure in a warrior pose.





 Thumb: First Aid
 I enjoyed this class as well. I learned many interesting things. We made first aid kits. Mine now lives in my car. I have now completed all requirements for American Red Cross certification in adult CPR/AED. For this design, I painted a heart, with a heart monitor line inside. 




What's next? My senior year!! And also tackling the big decision of whether or not to be a PA or an MD. I'm excited for next semester. I'll be taking Biochemistry. I'm not excited about Analytical Chemistry.. actually kinda dreading it. I'll also be in TWO art classes, one is a survey class (a boring gen ed) and the other is called 2D design. I'm nervous excited about that one. The only artistic things I can do are paint nails and play clarinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails