Thursday, August 11, 2011

REVIEW: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

I saw another blogger reviewing this top coat and I wanted to try it. 

The brand of top coat I typically use is Beauty Secrets, which I buy in a huge round bottle at Sally Beauty Supply for about $5. This one is my favorite of all the top coats I have tried. So far. I have tried Seche Vite and the first time I thought it was great. But the more I used it...I didn't like it as much and I think it's super thick. Almost too thick. It's great that you can apply it to wet polish and you know that it won't smudge (which is wonderful - especially with Konad polish), but it's so thick that I end up with a big goopy mess. I don't like thick polishes. 

Anyways... back to Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat. 
I think this is a great top coat. 

Price: 
Sadly, I do not remember how much I paid for it. 
I know it's less than Seche Vite, which is like $9. 
If I had to guess, I would say I paid $5 or $7. 

Chipping: 
 I painted my toes for vacation (click HERE if you want to see) using this top coat on Wednesday, Aug 3. We left on Friday, Aug 5 and didn't return until the following Tuesday, Aug 9. At the time of writing this, it's Thursday, Aug 11...and my toes still look great. No chips. At all. 
Even after five days of sun, sand, and waves. 

Application: 
 This polish is thin. Really thin. More like runny. It does go on smoothly though. 

Brush:
It seemed smaller than a regular nail polish. 
But it doesn't really affect the application. 


Here is the package:

Here is the bottle: 


Overall, I really like this top coat. 
I would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails