Friday, May 13, 2011

snap CRACKLE pop!

Crackle... Shatter....  

     Whatever you wanna call it, these polishes took the nail polish world by storm a while back. They come in almost any color. You apply them just like a regular polish. But, as they dry, the polish separates giving a cracked, shattered effect revealing the underlying base color. The effect will be different on each nail and different each time you paint with it, giving a truly unique design. I made a trip to Sally recently and picked up a couple of bottles of crackle polish to try.


Here is the China Glaze Crackle collection display.




These are the crackle polishes I bought. China Glaze Cracked Concrete is on the left and it's a darker matte gray. China Glaze Fault Line is on the right and is a dark glittery purple.



I painted the purple crackle polish over N.Y.C. Polyester Pink and sealed with a top coat.
Without flash.


and....


With flash.



Overall, I like the effect and I think it's really nifty that they can tweak the polish to make it separate like that. However, I thought the brush was really small compared to a regular nail polish brush. It also dried incredibly fast. I made one stroke down the center of my nail and by the time I made the second stroke beside it, the first stroke was completely dry. I didn't realize it would dry that fast, but it's okay if you mess up because by the time it cracks, you won't be able to tell you messed up. I noticed it also seemed to separate better with a thinner coat.  

I like crackle polish. It looks really neat and I can't wait to try more colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails