Monday, December 7, 2015

REVIEW: Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips



Happy Manicure Monday!  

I decided to give Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips  a second review. 
To read my initial review, click HERE



* Prep
 I took extra care this time around to prep properly and thoroughly. I removed my polish, making extra sure to remove every speck from my nails. I applied cuticle oil and pushed all my cuticles back. I made sure all the oil was removed and then I buffed with the included nail file. And used the remover one more time. Whew!


 * Application
Pretty simple. Remove backing and clear protective top layer and stick them on. However.... my nail beds are small, so this part was a pain and not so simple because I had to trim every strip. Only one strip actually separated (like ripped apart) but the gap is very small and not noticeable.The package has 16 strips that are quite long. I had the idea to get twice the strips by cutting them all in half because they are plenty big enough to cut and still have some left over. So, a process that should have been quick and easy, became a bit frustrating and time consuming. Filing them down seemed easier this time than the last time. I suppose because I knew what to expect. Although somewhat tricky to align, once I stuck them down, those little strips stuck pretty well. Some wrinkles formed but most of them I could smooth out.

  * Finished Product
I applied a top coat, even though the directions didn't say; they just felt so vulnerable, I had to top coat. The leopard print graphics are clear and better looking quality than the floral design I tried previously. The background is a glitter gold with orange-ish dots outlined in brown. The whole design is glittery. The edges showed wear on the first day but they didn't chip until day four, which really surprised me. I was expecting to chip sooner (I really think without a top coat, they would have definitely chipped, possibly the day of).




* Overall
I like them for a fun pattern occasionally. I got many compliments. If your nail beds are not as small as mine, then I'm sure you wouldn't have as much trouble. These strips could be a more budget-friendly option for a special event or a vacation instead of going by the salon. There are several designs available. I saw a French tip set out now that I would like to try, so I will at least buy one more box eventually. 

I do prefer to paint myself, though. I think I'll stick with that.



I added a gold accent nail on day 5 (no chips on this hand yet).


Have you tried these nail polish strips before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails