Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Under the Sea

The seaweed is always greener
In somebody else's lake
You dream about going up there
But that is a big mistake
Just look at the world around you
Right here on the ocean floor
Such wonderful things surround you
What more is you lookin' for?


The Little Mermaid. 
Brings back memories doesn't it? 
Who doesn't love this movie!? 
Well, I have always liked this movie.


I know there are only four nails in this design. 
Let me tell you why. 
Instead of trying to paint Ariel and Flounder directly onto the nail and risking mess-ups, I made them into stickers. Well that turned out great. Ariel was a little big. Flounder looked just like a picture. I had some trouble painting Ariel's face, and being the perfectionist I am, I tried over and over again 
(painting over it each time - this made her face really thick) but I could not get her face to look right.

It just wasn't working.
So I painted her facial features as their own sticker instead of painting them onto her face. Well that didn't work either. I painted her eyes too big and they wouldn't fit on her face.
 
Here is a picture of all the stickers.




Since Flounder turned out so great, I decided to continue with the design instead of throwing all of it away just because Ariel wasn't working. I don't think Flounder could have turned out any better. I decided to try putting Ariel on a nail without a face and then figure out what to do, even if it meant posting the design with her faceless. Well that turned out horribly. 
1. She was gigantic and would hardly fit on a nail at all. 
2. She was too thick (too many polish layers because I messed up)
3. She wouldn't lay down flat on the nail. 
And finally, when I tried to stick her on the nail and angle her to get as much of her onto the nail as possible, she tore. Not once. Not twice. She ripped in THREE different places.

So I gave up. 
When you see the picture, you'll understand why. 

FAIL.


To finish the design using only Flounder,
I painted three other nails that would go long with the design.
A starfish with bubbles.
A seashell with bubbles.
A beach with a crab and REAL grains of sand.



Each little clam here know how to jam here
Under the sea
Each little slug here cuttin' a rug here
Under the sea
Each little snail here know how to wail here
That's why it's hotter under the water
Ya we in luck here down in the muck here
UNDER THE SEA!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails