Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Latest Project

I have two fake hands that I practice on and paint, but its such a hassle to remove the polish off them. Especially glitter or anything black - it just smears everywhere! So this is my solution to my own problem. 

Fake nails + wooden skewers and glue = perfect nail displays!!



These are the fake nails I am using. 
They are Kiss active square nails, medium length. 
I got this pack of 200 for about $4.



This is what the inside of the package looks like. 
It comes with Kiss maximum speed nail glue. 



These are the wooden skewers, 
which also came from Walmart. 
This pack of 100 skewers was less than a dollar. 


Simple. I glued the nails to the skewers using craft clue (I'm sure regular glue or any glue would work but craft glue was all I could find). Viola! Nail displays that I can paint and easily maneuver by holding the edges of the sticks. The best part is I don't have to worry about removing any polish when I'm done with one design to start the next one; I just move to a new set of nails on the stick!

2 comments:

  1. Very awesome and innovative! This will probably be alot easier, and you can always keep them for display instead of having to remove the design every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and I agree! This way, I use less remover and clean up is way easier!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails